O.M.G. This dish is beyond to die for, and it never fails to impress. I originally got this recipe from one of my little brothers (had to bribe him with a bottle of vodka), who originally got it from a Master Chef/Caterer friend of his a few years back. Check it out.
Oh that’s way too much bacon (said no one EVER). Get ready for some very rich, ever so tasteful buttery cajun spiced goodness folks.
So here we go. See the ingredients below.
Ingredients For Annie’s Boho Cajun Shrimp (this is what I call it, although it’s not my original recipe):
- 4 to 6 quart casserole dish
- 2 lbs peeled frozen shrimp
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 to 3 squeezes of Spicy Brown mustard
- Tabasco sauce to taste (I use around a quarter of a bottle)
- 1 stick of REAL butter
- 1/2 to 1 tlbs of cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- Juice of one lemon (you can use the stuff in the bottle if you like, about 3 tlbs)
Put it all together:
- Thaw, rinse and clean shrimp. Set aside.
- Cook 1/2 lb. of bacon. Cut bacon into bite size pieces before cooking. Set aside.
- In the pan with bacon drippings, add your stick of butter and melt that baby down.
- Add yourTabasco and Cajun seasoning. Stir it down to a nice sauce consistency.
- Put the peeled and cleaned shrimp into the casserole dish.
- Pour contents of bacon drippings/butter/seasonings over the shrimp.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces over top of shrimp mixture
- Pour lemon juice all over the top of that awesomeness
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven on middle rack. Cook for approximately 30 minutes, stir half way through.
You are about to be blown away by this awesome concoction! Goes great with a BBQ of just about anything; steak, hamburgs and hotdogs, fish, brats, etc. Serve with a nice green salad if you are so inspired.
Let me know how this works out for you or if you have any questions about prep etc. Enjoy!